What's popping up in your gardens!!!

May 30, 2009

APPLE MINT and HORSERADISH

This is a pic of our mint plant. Yes, it started as 1 plant 2 yrs ago and now the patch is about an 8 ft. circle. My husband makes a couple gallons of mint tea every week for the summer and there's still enough to share with the neighbors. The mint gets to be 3-4 ft. tall. I also take bunches into the restarant (where I have been working) to use as plate garnishes. That old stump started life as an apple tree but was "trimmed" because it blocked the view of the pasture and the herd of animals.
Our horseradish plant is in flower now and this poor old gal has been guarding it going on 4 yrs. now. The birds like to perch atop her head and her face is streaked with poop. Poor thing. I made her close to 6 years ago and I must say, she hasn't aged a bit, well, maybe a little. I leave her out year round. Her clothes are getting a bit faded.

No comments:

Post a Comment