What's popping up in your gardens!!!

May 14, 2009

Herbal Lovin'


Judy, I am loving this blog..Thanks so much for starting it. I wasn't sure how to comment and I like your idea to JUST post instead of leaving comments.

Now here I thought I came up with the idea for the enamel pot on post!! You have been doing it for years! I really wanted a more prim looking birdbath for my herb garden and I was thinking of using the old enamel pots but there are rust spots...Tim and I were concerned about using a rusty pan for water for the birds...so I had him make me one for the mint. Here is a picture of the birdbath I DID have in the herb garden..we have moved it to a different location..OK..LOOK CLOSE....yep that is Mr Squirrel taking a drink..sorry about the bad picture but I took the picture through our screen door.
Judy, your herbs are looking great! Your chives look great! I need to read more on Lady's Mantle helping with Woman Woes...I have lots of WOES!!! I have plenty of Lady's Mantle and when I come to visit, I will bring a cutting or two for you.
I would love to visit...one of these days!
As for the Sweet Annie..I don't have it in my herb garden..It is coming up in my border gardens...Which I don't mind except that there are so many coming up. My gardens are not formal..I like a more cottage (messy, very informal) flower gardens. As a matter of fact, I planted some tomato plants in amongst some of my flowers..I know I am strange....You know the poem:

WHEN I AM AN OLD WOMAN I SHALL WEAR PURPLE With a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit me. And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves And satin sandals, and say we've no money for butter. I shall sit down on the pavement when I'm tired And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells And run my stick along the public railings And make up for the sobriety of my youth. I shall go out in my slippers in the rain And pick the flowers in other people's gardens And learn to spit.........AND I WILL PLANT TOMATOES WITH MY FLOWERS!!! THAT'S ME!!!!!
~~Patti~~

No comments:

Post a Comment