What's popping up in your gardens!!!

May 9, 2009

NEVER TRUST THE WEATHERMAN....

What a great week this turned out to be...after Wednesday the weather here has been really good.....really really good. We sold lots of herb plants - I think more than normal for the first week of planting season. AND Susan....the culinary lavender is a bit hit.....the Lavender Egg Salad is so delish and we sold quite a bit of the lavender because they wanted to make it !! We serve something to eat and drink everyday....not like the Herb Faire treats...but a lemonade or iced tea and dip/pretzels.....however I think I am going to keep making lavender goodies and to introduce the new customers to grow lavender or buy it already packaged - woohoo....maybe we can get something good going on here! I have a recipe for a Lavender Punch....hmmmm...just might have to try it next week ! Can you believe my herb garden went from this.....
to this in less than a week !!!!

Now it needs to be thinned out and some new herbs planted....maybe tomorrow if the weather stays nice. I did cut the "catmint" today as I sold a vintage ticking sack that had "catmint" embroidered on it...so I cut the catmint for the customer to hang and dry to add to her sack...(it was a really cool sack...might have to make another one...) I want to plant some Lady's Mantle as the flowers are so very pretty and delicate but I forgot to pick some up when I got the herbs....oh shucks....I just might have to go back to those greenhouses.....what a shame....!!!

I am anxious to see pictures of your gardens girls....and pray tell what are you up to....???

No comments:

Post a Comment