What's popping up in your gardens!!!

December 5, 2009

IT'S SNOWING.......


........here in NE Penn. and its cold outside. This is the perfect day for my Holiday Open House. I have spiced cider in the crock-pot and mulled wine on the stove, customers are shopping in the soft glow of candlelight, nibbling on sweets and savories throughout the store. The herbs are in for the winter. I try not to bring in too many herbs, I just don't have the room to overwinter everything.

I don't have any south facing windows in the shop so the bay trees and the scented geraniums are in an east window and so far so good. I think in a month or two they will not look nearly as nice, they get very lanky trying to reach for the light. I have patchouli, scented geraniums and rosemary in a west window. We'll see how they do there.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I wish I could be there..sounds SO NICE! I am picturing it in my mind...!!! I need to TRY to grow patchouli..any tips you can share?
    ~~Patti~~

    ReplyDelete