What's popping up in your gardens!!!

July 1, 2013

A Favorite Coming Back in the Herb Garden! Is There One in Your Garden?

We had a cold and wet winter this past season.  Here in the southwestern PA area, we are typically Zone 6.  I am always excited when an herb that is not hardy for us, comes back.  Such is the case with this lemon verbena.  I always have multiples and this year I have four, three in the garden and one in a container.  It has been raining almost every day and two of the three in the ground are waterlogged.  Not this one.  It is very happy with the reflected heat of the wall!  I'm happy as well.  If a unexpected favorite is coming back in your herb garden, please let us know about it.  Talk to you later.

1 comment:

  1. So pleased I found you on Aisling :)
    I love my herbs
    and at this time my 4 year old Rosemary,
    Sage, Chives and some Parsley are still thriving.
    I will be back :)

    ReplyDelete